$449 – $889
Our flat rate pricing model for MacBook water damage repair is amazingly simple, absolutely no surprises or hidden charges only real savings. All of our pricing for your specific MacBook is clearly displayed below and you pay nothing until the repair is complete. Once your damaged MacBook arrives at our repair facility, we will outline what is needed to restore your MacBook to pre spill condition. It is impossible for anyone to provide a accurate repair time estimate without a physical inspection. Check out our FAQ or How It Works.
|Select My MacBook||
11" MacBook Air, 13" MacBook Air, 13" MacBook Pro, 12" MacBook Retina, 13" MacBook Pro Retina, 15" MacBook Pro, 15" MacBook Pro Retina
- MacBook water damage repair cost
- Repairing MacBook water damage @ Trio
- Repairing MacBook water damage @ The Apple Store
MacBook Water Damage Repair Cost
Our promise to you is that your MacBooks water damage repair will never exceed our price cap so you can rest assured you will not get a surprise when your bill arrives when your repair is competed. In the event your MacBook is NOT repairable we will return the unit to you at no charge. All MacBook water damage repair comes with a 1 year warranty. At Trio we understand it can be stressful to ship your MacBook out after a data loss or liquid spill, thats why we are always available by phone at 512.956.TRIO (8746) or submit your technical question directly to our team using the contact us tab below and we will respond the same business day.
|MacBook Air 11||$479 1 Year warranty||$840 45 Day Warranty|
|MacBook Air 13||$499 1 year Warranty||$840 45 Day Warranty|
|MacBook Pro 13 Non Retina||$579 1 Year Warranty||$840 45 Day Warranty|
|MacBook Retina 12||$609 1 Year Warranty||$840 45 Day Warranty|
|MacBook Pro 13 Retina||$609 1 Year Warranty||$840 45 Day Warranty|
|MacBook Pro 15 Retina||$889 1 Year Warranty||$1340 45 Day Warranty|
|MacBook Pro 15 or 17 NonRetina||$849 1 Year Warranty||$1340 45 Day Warranty|
|MacBook Pro 13 or 15 Retina w/ Touch Bar||Service Coming Soon||$1340 45 Day Warranty|
When your MacBook reaches Trio, we make a repair assessment within -48 hours, 90% MacBooks we receive are reparable. As soon our team makes an repair assessment you are notified and we begin working. Our repair technicians carefully take apart the lower case of your MacBook. The proprietary process at Trio removes water and liquids and treats the MacBook logic board. In most cases of a trackpad, keyboard or battery will need to replaced when this occurs, Trio only uses genuine Apple parts for all repairs.
MacBook water damage repair process
Thorough Diagnostic – Any MacBook that is exposed to liquid requires a thorough inspection, even a small amount of corrosion untreated can cause a system failure further down the road.
- Inspect Keyboard and Track Pad for ANY corrosion or sticky residue – If found a keyboard or track pad replacement is recommended.
- Inspect Main LogicBord for any sign of liquid exposure. This should be done with a high powered stereo microscope, each SMD component should be checked for any signs of damage. If damage is found logic board should be cleaned ultrasonically and damaged SMD components replaced. Here is a video of the SMD repair process.
- All display connections and wiring should be throughly inspected, any sign of liquid exposure and the display replacement recommended.
- Data Integrity – Data integrity should be checked and re checked. In the vast majority of cases data is not effected. If corrosion is present on SSD or HD replacement is recommended.
Once repair has been completed all units are thoroughly tested to ensure you receive the same amazing performance you enjoyed prior to the spill.
Important to think before you act – What do I do now?
The first thing we can tell you is if you take a water logged Mac into any Apple store chances are you leave with a pretty bad taste in your mouth, while Apple excels at creating magical devices we all love when it comes to servicing these devices the so called Genius Bar often falls short. Here is a sample of what you can expect when you have Apple repair your Macs water damage.
- The Apple store may decline to repair your MacBook water damage completely – This varies from location to location but Apple has built a reputation for declining to service liquid damage citing some type of liability issue, not sure what the liability issue is but my guess is that they intention is to sell you a new MacBook. The time that I spent working at Apple the policy for handling MacBook water damage was vague at best. I typically hinted that the customer should look for a 3rd party solution.
- The fee for all MacBook water damage repair on all 13″ MacBooks – MacBook Airs – MacBook Pros at The Apple store is $840.00 – The fee for all Mac water damage repair on 15″ MacBooks Pros is $1340.00 – That is not a typo, now that you have pulled yourself up of the floor ill explain. Before Apples entry into the retail market (Pre Apple Store) the repairing of Macs was a cost centre (A cost centre is a part of an organization that does not produce direct profit and adds to the cost of running a company), thus there were hundreds of independent service providers that supported the repairing of Macs. With the introduction of the brick and mortar Apple Store and the invention of the Genius Bar, Steve Jobs quickly realized that those pesky repairs that used to cost the company millions of dollars could be converted in to a huge profit center (A profit center is a part of a corporation that directly adds to its profit.) not only could they make a boatload of money repairing Macs but the repairs that were not profitable they could price at a level that it would not make any sense for the customer to agree to, thus driving the sales of new Macs.
- MacBook water damage is not covered under AppleCare – Im of the personal opinion that AppleCare DOES add value (I can fix just about anything that could ever happen to my Mac or iPhone and I still purchase AppleCare for all of my devices), that being said where AppleCare falls short is when it comes to accidental damage to MacBooks iMacs and MacPro’s. Unfortunately even a simple call to AppleCare to troubleshoot your Mac after a liquid spill can have long lasting effects, Apple logs every interaction with a customer based on the MacBooks serial number, so if you mention to Apples support team the your troubles started with a glass of spilled water near your Mac chances are your macBook will be flagged as liquid damaged and will not eligible for warranty coverage regardless of where you get the repair done.
Photo Credit MacWorld